Friday 2 January 2009

The magic of the Cup

Never has the F A Cup promised us so much in the 3rd Round. It's the first game of 2009. The first game under Phil Parkinson as fully-fledged manager and might just be the first win in 17 games.

When I saw us at Norwich the other week it was a flat Charlton performance and we deserved the 1-0 defeat we got. However, Norwich looked barely better and I could see us beating them at the Valley tomorrow in the Cup.

My confidence, however, is tempered by the fact that we will have a largely changed team tomorrow after a number of weeks of stability. Several key players are struggling with injury e.g. Elliot, Hudson and Gray. Cranie has also returned to Pompey's reserves and I suspect there may be other tactical changes. In the circumstances, the last thing we want is a draw and another tiring game at Norwich, so I really hope Parky throws caution to the wind and puts out a side told to attack from the outset.  Otherwise, I fear another draw may be on the cards. The game at Norwich had precious few chances and tomorrow's may be similar. Two goals or less looks a good bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....