Sunday 18 February 2018

Ten days on....

Just back from a glorious week on the Moray Firth. Land of my Fathers and place of my birth. I am always moved when I am back there, as I was again, returning for the first time in ten years. Blimey, has it been that long? Well yes it has as my tenant reminded me - she has moved out. I have made fleeting visits (funeral etc) but my first week with the family since my kids were very young. 

Anyway, to football and we have managed a couple of draws and a win since I last posted. The draws against Rochdale and Bradford can be considered opportunities lost but if we were unlucky to concede against Dale, we probably rode our luck against City. Whatever, there can be little doubt that yesterday's 2-1 win at nemesis MK Dons should help us focus on maintaining a play-off push, especially if we can take something from our two matches in hand. Ahmed Kashi scored from distance with a rasping low shot that the MK keeper won't want to see again. Much criticised Josh Magennis made it three from three with another header as he continues to find his goal-scoring form after a barren spell.

It hasn't felt anything like a promotion season or even a play-off season so far this year and maybe that's because it won't be, but the mere fact that we are handily placed at this stage means we are in with a shout. Perhaps it's because I haven't been going to see them? In any event, the next three games could define it for us; Shrewsbury at the Valley on Saturday should be a proper test and that is followed by the tricky visit to party-poopers AFC Wimbledon before form side Plymouth Argyle come to the Valley looking for an unlikely double. 

Newly appointed Scotland supremo, Alex McGleish, has commented on his work with a consortium interested in buying Charlton Athletic and has said that Roland wanted too much money. That sounds very much like it should all be done now. What chances an announcement tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....