Monday 20 June 2016

Fixtures out on Wednesday

It's usually a highlight of the close season and the point at which I begin to focus on the coming season. I was thinking of looking again at who we will actually face in League One but Kyle Andrew has already out-done me.

It makes for grim reading but I guess we already knew that. AFC Wimbledon is a good shout for the opener but I will go for the Cobblers away. The recent connections and their promotion to League One makes it the hot contender for me. Otherwise, maybe Sheffield United at home which would suit the spite of the Fixture People whom I am sure will want to give us a Baptism of Fire and show us we aren't going to swan about in their League One. As if.

The comings and goings are stepping up. The good news is that Naby Sarr has followed Igor out-of-the door to mainland Europe. The bad news is it's another season long loan. The failure in his signing is clear when we can't actually get anything for him and have to let him go in the hope he can establish himself away from the Valley and eventually earn a fee to offset what was paid for him. Otherwise we face the prospect of seeing him back at the Valley.

Jordan Cousins and JBG may be the next two to confirm their moves away from the Valley. Katrien will be looking to bring in decent undisclosed fees for both of them in order to shore up her alarming shortfall in revenue this season given her appalling mismanagement of the club last year. Cousins must be worth in excess of a £1m and JBG's Euro showing may net us a good bit more. It won't be enough to cover the latest losses but they will both leave the wage bill which also help Roland's overall exposure. They will also cover the cost of Swindon's Nicky Ajose who could be coming to The Valley for an undisclosed fee of £800,000.

The Friendlies will soon be upon us but I won't be attending any. Partly because I am away on holiday for a couple of weeks pre-season but also because I have lost interest. I will make my first judgement in one of our early league games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....