Wednesday 18 June 2014

Summer blurr

My feet haven't touched the ground in the last week. I had a hectic working week as I caught a flight to Murcia last Thursday and was trying to put a work fire out at Stansted. I managed to catch the World Cup opener at the impressive Roda Club House but then couldn't shake off what might be happening at work on Friday as I tried to chill-out with Aberdeen's finest. A day of traipsing the bars along the Mar Menor and a late tapas lunch helped.

I felt slightly embarrassed for the Spanish families around me as they were royally humped by the Dutch and they look in big trouble this evening as I write this. I spent Saturday soaking up some more sunshine and beer before an early flight on Sunday to join the birthday celebrations of my six year.

A long day in the office on Monday clearing up after Friday and preparing for two days away with my Boss' team covering pretty much the same ground we did in March. The accommodation at Seckford Hall was better though and the evening meal was excellent. Home this evening and back in the office for a long day tomorrow before a weekend camping. It's all go.....

So, not a lot of news of the Charlton front. The fixtures are out though and they look strangely familiar. An opening day fixture against League One promotees, Brentford, to start followed Wigan and Derby at home. Tough start and I will miss both of the home games as I will be in Cyprus for my Summer holiday. I am back in Cyprus for a second wedding of the year on 13th September, so will miss the first three home games - great! The Six Nations also collide with one more I will miss and possibly two. At this rate A season ticket not looking value-for-money. 

We continue to be linked with players we've never heard of but have still to acquire anyone we can be confident will feature regularly in the first team. Things better liven up by early July or I will be considering lumping on us to go down as Champions. A seasonas horriblus looks like it could extend through the close season. Still no real communication from the Board with regard to the plan for this season and no explanation of how the network model is going to avoid the failings of last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....