Wednesday 4 December 2013

Reading 1 v Charlton Athletic 0

A thoroughly predictable result away from home again. "Charlton 0" being the given and the score against being positive but by how many? One-nil tells you that we ran our socks off and made Reading work for 90 minutes. 

I didn't fancy this for obvious reasons and Rubbish Player couldn't tempt me to even try when the Palace v West Ham game was live on BT Sport. I managed to depress myself watching the Nigels win their third match of the season, again by a 1-0 margin. I had Sky on in the background so was taken to Reading periodically by a bored-stiff looking commentator who couldn't muster much enthusiasm for the game he was watching. We were shown the Simon Church no-penalty incident and I have to say my initial reaction was "no penalty." He was heading away from goal and the challenge looked honest to me, although I may need another viewing given the conviction of fellow Charlton Lifers. We appeared to have a better second half but by then we were chasing the game and Simon Church was unable to beat the keeper with his best chance having been played in one-on-one by Yann Kermorgant. 

Elsewhere it was Nightus Horriblus as those below us picked up points and the gap was narrowed. Yeovil's home win will have them fired-up for a repeat on Saturday which would see them clamber over us and leave us in relegation mire. One-nil to the Yeovil anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I thought Sky done a good job on commentating on Championship football Tuesday night. The broadcasts from around the ground as each goal went in was a good idea. Made a nice change from having to put up with Phil Thomson wetting himself after another Suarez goal. How do his fellow pundits not only put up with his bloddy accent, but the spittal that is projected with it?

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....