Saturday 14 September 2013

Go for it Chris

We play our fifth match of the season today at Vicarage Road, knowing that a repeat victory from last season would move us into mid-table with a game in hand and put us in the mood for Millwall.

However, we can't ignore that Watford came very close last season to the Premier League and they have a very strong side, especially at home. I know I keep saying it but we must be ambitious in our play and be prepared to take a few risks. I think we did that at Watford last season although it may have been them scoring against us and pressing that forced us to throw caution to the wind and go for it. More of the same is needed today. Chris Powell spoke in the week about the need to "be at full throttle" and by that I hope he means we will look to beat them rather than have to play at our best to match them.

Planned camping this weekend was, predictably, washed out and whilst there are still several hundred tickets left, I am going to have to spend the day amusing my girls. They are not quite ready for a Charlton match, so we are heading up to Oxleas Woods with the dog. I am baking some bread rolls for hot sausages on our return and then I will settle down with Charlton Player, a bottle of Barefoot Shiraz and a slab of Compte. Come on Charl-ton, ice the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....