Friday 24 August 2012

Tigers Test

I have just watched Forest take a good point at Bolton. Andy Reid was prominent and actually looks smaller than when he left us! The point lifts Forest above us but we get the chance tomorrow to move two points clear of them when Hull City come to town. It's my first match of the season and I can't wait.

Steve Bruce is a manager I have very little time for. The media seem to love him but I think he has had a very indifferent record given the clubs he's been at and the funds available to him. Hull will still see themselves as a Premier League club but, let's face it, that was a flash-in-the-plan and there is very little about their side that looks out of place in the Championship. Sone Aluko will be keen to show us what we missed and they have Nick Proschwitz and Jay Simpson to call on. If we can keep them quiet, I am confident we can score against them, even if they have kept things tight in their two openers.

Blackpool are at home to Ipswich tomorrow and Sheffield Wednesday entertain the Lions. Both visitors are capable but I won't be betting against two home wins. So early in the season, we shouldn't be focusing too hard on the league table but having done it all last year and having found ourselves quickly at the right end of the Championship, it's hard not too.

I am going to be bold and predict another Addicks victory. Ricardo Fuller to score the winner from the bench on his home debut. Two-one to the Addicks and back in third place.

4 comments:

  1. Where to begin...

    we don't see ourselves as a Premier League club. We're hoping to challenge for a play-off spot in the tightest Championship I can remember. Practically anyone could achieve a top-6 finish.

    As for not looking out of place in the Championship..(I'll try not to let the supporter bias kick in too hard here) we have many young players who I believe have a future in the Premier League. Perhaps not high-end, but still the Premier League. James Chester, Joe Dudgeon and Cameron Stewart match that description, and Chester could probably go further. Sone Aluko has looked a class apart - certainly top-tier quality - and Robert Koren has recently attracted interest from Reading. Liam Rosenior would be a decent acquisition for a lower Premier League side. The issue for me is that we have too much potential in our players but not enough present ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James - thanks for the feedback. I obviously don't know much about your current side but am looking forward to seeing what you have to offer tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lions will of course be visiting Sheffield Wednesday, you just put these in to test us don't you? :)

    I doubt it RF will make the bench tomorrow, from what I've been told about his fitness we'll have to wait a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon - thanks - massive mistake!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....