Tuesday 14 August 2012

Limbering up for the O's

Our first real match of the new season gets underway at the Valley tomorrow evening when we play Leyton Orient in the Capital One Cup. As a Capital One credit card customer, I feel strangely connected to the competition this year and am wondering when Capital One will be in touch with my complimentary tickets?

I won't be there this evening as I am kicking back here in baking Cyprus. We have been here for four days but it already feels like a full week. My last post was as I went to the Olympic Stadium for the Men's 200m final. It was a great experience, although our seats three rows from the front gave us a much better view of the Men's Triple Jump than the big race. Nonetheless, we got to see Usain Bolt up close as he and Yohan Blake did their lap of honour. We didn't see much if the park itself but got a sense of scale as we walked from West Ham station to the venue. I also missed a great photo opportunity as we left when a dozen Police officers posed Bolt-stylee as we left! It captured the mood and caused great amusement. 

Back to tonight and I really don't know what to expect. My guess is that Powell will field a weakened side and we will maintain a strong bench. It will be good to get another competitive win under our belts after an encouraging friendly win at Fulham but a defeat on penalties might not be a bad result. The real test will be at St. Andrews on Saturday where we should come under some real Championship pressure.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....