Friday 31 August 2012

Bush 2

My wife took me to Koko last night so she could fantasise over Gavin Rossdale, lead singer of Bush, her number one band of all time. It wouldn't have been my first choice but they are a class act and Mr Rossdale is a consummate rocker and frontman and he knows how to put on a show.

We saw them last year at their annual London gig at La Scala (they are much bigger in the States) and I was very impressed with La Scala as a music venue. I have to say that Koko topped it last night. Formerly the Camden Palace Theatre, it's a fantastic Victorian pile with four tiers of viewing and an opened bar area behind the stalls that allows you to queue for drinks without leaving the action.

Gavin likes to get amongst the audience with his remote mike and invites fans to belt out the chorus lines with him. My good lady got her hands on his sweaty body last year and she got another "touch" last night. I was immediately reminded of my favourite Tom Jones story. When touring in the Deep South, he found himself the "unwanted" attention of a buxom blonde who forced an intimate kiss on him as her husband towered over the pair as he left a show. Tom's eyes made contact with the man mountain as his lady continued to grapple with him. Tom was worried and the bloke could see his dilemma. He said "no problem Tom, you pump the tyres and I'll ride the bike." 

More importantly, the ground has been prepared for Nottingham Forest away on Saturday and did I mention that I am going up to Hampden Park the week after to see Scotland 's opening World Cup qualifier with Serbia? Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....