Friday 22 June 2012

Ronaldo fires Portugal

Yesterday was a long and dark day for me. I was pleased to have the distraction last night of a long-standing dinner arrangement in the evening with a former Chief of General Staff, the head of the British Army. More of that another time.


Anyhow, I was listening to his gravelly tones as Cristiano Ronaldo scored the only goal to lift his national side into the semi-finals, dispatching Che-ky in the process. At the same time my phone throbbed a number of times telling me that there was strong word in Aberdeen that Sone Aluko would be plying his trade in the Championship this coming season in Charlton red. Those boys from the Granite City know Aluko well and I was heartened.


There's no confirmation of that this morning, however, and the ever-reliable Wynn was also aware yesterday that Aluko was talking to other clubs. Our record last year in securing the players we were linked with was flawless and this is one I would love to see come off. Aluko is a proper winger and I could see him providing an improved supply of balls into the box 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....