Monday 13 February 2012

Wales 27 v Scotland 13

I had a good day out in Cardiff yesterday in spite of the rugby result. Scotland's 6 Nations campaign lies in tatters after a second-half Welsh surge that was all that was needed to see Scotland off. At least we enjoyed a better first-half and managed a second-half try although it was by the slimmest of margins. 


My train from Paddington was standing room only when I boarded. Two hours and twenty minutes like a commuter from from Charlton on the 7.22am on a week-day. Amazing how the train companies can still sell you a full price ticket when all the reserved seats have gone and they know that hundreds will have to stand all the way.


A few pints in the Prince of Wales, a Weatherspoon's I am afraid, but I did get some Brains SA and all of the pubs in central Cardiff are the big chains so little option. Onto the match and I was reminded how good the Millennium Stadium is and how well the WRU organises the show. The screens in the stadium are the best I have ever seen and with the roof closed, the rendition of the Welsh national anthem was louder than ever and sent a shiver down the spine. 


It's a week off for Scotland before we face France at Murrayfield in a Sunday clash which looks like a third defeat before a tough fixture in Dublin. Italy can then dump the Spoon on us in the last game. 


I have a week off for half-term so am praying we can get our game on tomorrow evening against MK Dons. It would be good to restore our ten point advantage before we head to Tranmere on Saturday. The snow in my back garden is beginning to melt. The streets around the ground are clear, so fingers-crossed for a continued thaw.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....