Sunday 22 May 2011

Samsung D7000

It's was my birthday yesterday and at the age of 48, presents and surprises are thin on the ground. Not that I am complaining you understand. I am not big on surprises and the best presents I get are usually those I purchase myself!

To that end, I have been lusting after a new telly for over six months and it has finally arrived in the shops and my front room. It's a Samsung, which is the first non-Sony telly I can remember buying. I have had to overcome my aversion to buying Korean and to passing any money, however small, to a wealthy London club who don't need it anyway.

I have to say, it is very impressive. The HD picture is absolutely brilliant and much better than the picture on my old Bravia. It has 3D capability and is interactive, but the thing that really caught my eye was the near frameless picture. It has a 5mm clear bead around the picture but looks like it's all screen. I am not a fan of massive televisions and this one is physically smaller than my old 42" screen but accommodates a 46" picture as it's edge to edge.

The 3D is also very impressive, although there's only one channel to watch but the Heineken Cup was absolutely superb on this. I am slowly working my way through the interactive content and now have a subscription to Love Film which has worked flawlessly at the first time of asking. Staying in is the the new going out!

2 comments:

  1. The days of watching the snooker in black and white are becoming a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al - days of watching snooker have become a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....