Monday 28 February 2011

Oh Scotland!

Late night, early start and a full day has prevented me blogging on yesterday's trip to Murrayfield. Scotland were pipped to their third 6 Nations defeat by Ireland and a Wooden Spoon battle looms against a rumbustuous and blossoming Italian side who are beginning to compete seriously up-front in international rugby.


In all fairness it was a much improved performance after the Welsh debacle. Another slow start from Scotland and I was worried after ten minutes that we were going to witness another no-show which would have raised questions about the relationship between the players and the manager following the Wales game. Instead we kept in touch on the scoreboard and a second-half push meant we got within 3 points of Ireland at the finish and there was a lot of nail-biting around me from the visitors who included Roy Keane and his Missus who were on my flight up and down from Stansted.


Twickenham in a fortnight then, when I suspect it could be a long 80 minutes that casts an even longer shadow on the denouement of this years campaign. I will ensure that I am appropriately anaesthetised but not enough not to enjoy the game, just in case we can make a real match of it. I'll save that for afterwards.


I need cheering up and expect Charlton to put the smile back on my face tomorrow night. They will have to do it without Pawel Abbott who has left the club for the Polish league. No big loss and he probably wouldn't have made the side in any event, but I wish him well - he was at least a trier.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....