It would appear that we may be very close to concluding a deal with Eddie Howe to become the next manager of the Mighty Addicks. There are a number of reasons why I believe that would be as good a move as we could make at this time....
1) Eddie Howe has done a great job in making Bournemouth competitive in League One after guiding them to promotion last season.
2) He achieved promotion with a transfer embargo in place.
3) He has four years managerial experience and is only 33 years old.
4) He knows the player market in the lower leagues and he knows League One.
5) He won't be expensive and will come with a more modest ego than some in the frame.
6) Acquiring him would hurt a play-off rivals own hopes.
7) It would prove that Dennis Wise wasn't a done deal.
8) It would mean Michael Slater has only told one small fib and not two blatant lies.
9) it would be consistent with the approach outlined by Slater in terms of "within our means" and what's right for our club.
10) Best of all, it will anger Palace fans like nothing we have been able to manage since Jonathan Fortune last attacked a header with gusto. Trust me when I say they are foaming at the mouth over the prospect of us pinching Howe from under their noses. Us a League One club and Clowntown etc.
Fingers-crossed fellow Addicks, there could be a lot of mileage in this appointment if it comes to pass.