Tuesday 5 October 2010

I hope we lose, narrowly

JPT tonight at Milton Keynes. Parky will make bulk changes and we will, no doubt, slip out of another cup. Last season this competition raised a twinkle in my eye as I realised our chances of making the Wembley final should have been similar to those of Chelsea making the F A Cup final. That notion only lasted a few days and I was soon reminded that, barring an immediate post-war freak, we don't do cups. Our odds this season are probably closer to Wigan winning the F A Cup.


We went out to last year's eventual winners at St. Mary's and, frankly, I hope we exit gracefully this evening by the odd goal. Looking for some positives, maybe Abbott or Benson will get a game a notch a goal or two to boost their confidence. I suppose it's a match where the likes of Tamer Tuna can get another 90 minutes of first-team action but I can see precious few other positives coming out of this.


I suspect our following tonight could even be lower than the miserly 200 they brought to the Valley the other week for a league fixture. A lift on the team bus and the promise of a ten minute cameo couldn't persuade me to go.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we win. I really want to go to Wembley.

    This might be the last year we are in this trophy, and if not we will undoubtedly be weaker next season.

    As I now have a lot less confidence that we will be promoted this season this might be our best chance of something substantial to cheer before May.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....