Wednesday 1 September 2010

Charlton Athletic 1 v Dagenham & Redbridge 0

I was flying across Europe last night as we saw off the mighty Daggers in the Paint-Drying Cup as my fellow blogger, Charlton Casual, calls it. I would have gone had I been at home but I was pleased enough to have an excuse not to.

It was encouraging to hear that Thierry had scored because he was rumoured to be en route to Greece with his Agent seeking a better deal. I have always liked Racon and I still harbour hopes that he might yet blossom into the player he has so far only shown fleeting glimpses of becoming. Perhaps this goal might help him focus on his career at the Valley? The victory means we have another meaningless JPT fixture which will be known on Saturday morning when the draw is made. In the meantime, we should be confident of seeing off the Daggers in the league when they visit again later this month.

I thought the attendance (4,630) was pretty good last night in the circumstances - half the clubs in this division would call that a league gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....