Thursday 8 July 2010

Johnnie Jackson makes three

Johnnie Jackson signed on a free from Notts County today. The 28 year-old left footer put in a good loan stint at the Valley last season when covering the left-back berth but looked decent enough when across the half-way line. Like my buddy residng in Bermuda, I only hope he's coming to play left-sided midfield and not as a replacement for a permanently crocked Kelly Youga.

Three down and another three as an absolute minimum. We need goalkeeping cover, a right winger to replace Lloyd Sam and at least one proper 15 goal striker. Note to Parky - "Warren Feeney and the likes won't cut it." Ideally we need two new strikers, with McLeod/Sodje/Tuna supporting from the bench, as well as another midfielder. So five more of the quality of those signed so far will be dandy with me. I'm not saying we will be able to challenge for promotion but with that sort of side, we shouldn't be seriously concerned about the spectre of League 2.

2 comments:

  1. What do you know of John O'Flynn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Johnnie Jackson made an impressive start to his loan period with the Club earlier in the season and provided he can stay injury free I would stick my neck out and predict that he will be our Player of the Season 2010/11.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....