Sunday 25 July 2010

13 days to go...

We went down one-nil at Underhill yesterday, our second pre-season defeat there in successive years. The only difference here was that we fielded a younger and less experienced side last year. Yesterday, we put the first team out. I have reminded myself several times already that it was only a friendly but I am not convinced. We are desperately short of attacking options and the only possible addition is an unconvincing Icelandic striker.

However desperate the finances, we have to be able to compete and that means we need to improve our striking options before 7th August. I know I keep saying it and I know we're all in complete agreement, so please, will someone at the club just tell us how close we might be? Leaving it too late is just that and will signify a failure by the Board however you look at it. There are even rumours that we could yet lose Semedo or Racon before we kick-off. If that were to happen, we would have every right to complain about the way things are being managed. Cutting your cloth is one thing but failing to prepare properly is amateurish and asking for trouble.

I am acclimatising here in Morayshire after my night drive on Friday which saw me go without sleep for 33 hours. The sun is shining and I can hear the sea and the gulls. On Tuesday I will pop along to Borough Briggs to see Elgin City play a Rangers XI. I will pay special attention to the centre-forwards on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....