Monday 31 May 2010

Novel fund-raising idea.

In light of our current financial predicament, there are a number of supporter threads running on the messageboards about how we can rally behind the club and get some money in. I've been giving it a bit of thought too and have an idea that I think has been escaping the club for a number of years now.....


Why not arrange some home friendlies? I think we have managed one a season for the last few years and again, so far, we've only managed to sort out three away fixtures. A couple of decent home ties against tougher opposition can't be too hard and they could theme them around "getting behind the club" or equivalent....

5 comments:

  1. If Palace go bust today, do we get promoted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you thinking Dave but I'm guessing Swindon would be stronger contenders. More likely there would be an extra place available this year. A deal will be done today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be wrong but I'm sure a similar thing happened before in one division, and there was an almighty row because the next side down was promoted and the play off runner up was not. I'm also pretty sure that Swindon were the unlucky side then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choices...flog some players, keep afloat and in existence v go bust and vanish...

    If these CP2010 are the true supporters they say they are, I can't see the first being an option with them, even if ownership of the ground is still the stumbling block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and they got the bank to agree a package deal.
    So, no sale of players, no going bust and they have the ground too!!
    Do you feel richer? It seems we're in the throes of selling an asset!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....