Friday 28 May 2010

Come you you Lions!

I've made my mind up. I want to see Millwall win through against Swindon tomorrow and get promoted. As "Number One in South London" and all that, the dream is to be competing in the top flight with Millwall and Palace comfortably two leagues below us. Today though, we have to face the reality of our situation and the fact that life will be tough for us for a few years at least. We can have few complaints if we are honest.


Millwall would be strong opponents for us again next year and two games against them are not matches many of us look forward to. They have earned their place in the play-off final and having been pipped at Wembley last year, you have to say they deserve it this time. Good luck to them I say, although I think Swindon will take some beating on the day.


At least with Millwall and Palace in the Championship we can live the dream of leap-frogging the pair of them at some time in the future. Trouble is, it won't be next year and Palace are unlikely to wait for us to get promoted before falling through the trap-door. Still, I can live with that in the meantime. 










4 comments:

  1. To be honest I think Millwall deserve to go up, they have the impetus, and have done well without recourse to an massive influx of loan signings and foreign cast-offs. They are doing it the right way and we should take a leaf out of their book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Dave, I just can't bear the thought of them being in a higher division than us.

    I want Swindon to win. I want to see photo's of miserable Millwall fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thought I didn't care that much about the game tomorrow until I caught myself doing the w####r sign at a bullet headed bloke in a van, paused next to me at traffic lights.
    He had 'Millwall at Wembley' flags flying on both sides- (maybe they were still from last year?).

    I then realised that I'm bitter and twisted and very, very jealous.

    I don't want to play them again anytime soon, so I suppose it means a jammy 1-0 win for the Spanners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going for a win / win state of mind, if Millwall win, we don't have to play them next year and if they lose then that will always be a bright spot in your day ! (Thousands of Miserable fans of a day at their only game of the season)

    In purely football terms, they have earned their place at Wembley. It shows the difference having a regular goal scorer can make to a team.

    vff

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....