Tuesday 18 November 2008

Ian Harte second of four?

The Mirror is reporting that 31 year-old left-back Ian Harte has been signed on a two month deal. I guess he'll have to play his way to a longer contract? I'll reserve judgement here until I have seen him play but Mssrs Youga and Basey won't be feeling too chipper about this. Having said that, the manager is at least trying to do something about a squad that hasn't looked too capable this season. 

If that's two from a predicted four, then you'd have to hope for a central defender (unless Primus can be extended) and a central midfielder as the other two to come in. I'm glad we've not waited until January to do this but the flip will be that we are unlikley to see any further incomings in January. I'd expect to see Harte and Waghorn play at some stage on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....