Thursday 10 July 2008

Three things to smile about

Isn't it strange the way good (and sometime bad) things have a habit of coming in threes? First off this morning, I got the thumbs up on a piece of work I have been battling with for several months. Mid-morning I heard that Joey Barton's parole bid has been rejected and he will have another month of porridge and nervous showers. I just knew there would be something else to cheer me today and it has duly arrived...

Yes, Simon Jordan is very unhappy and threatening to quit the game! Those "halfwits" at the Football League Tribunal have decided Spurs must pay Simes £700,000 for wonderkid, John Bostock, a 16 year old Palace have nutured. Jordan is spewing and claims he considered £4.5m a reasonable fee (sounds very reasonable to me Simon). The last time the Tribunal had to take a decision over a matter like this was none other than Judas Defoe and we know how unfair that was and how time has proven the Charlton case. So empathy with Simes? Nah! I make the panel right, he's only a kid and it all could all go pear-shaped - he'll probably never play first-team football (not at Spurs anyway). Don't worry Simon, you won't be giving up football any time soon, your ego wouldn't allow it.

1 comment:

  1. Dave its been a crap day for me.

    But you just cheered me up!

    Pembury Addick

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....