Wednesday 30 July 2008

Forres Mechanics 1 v Dundee United XI 4

Competitive game this for a testimonial - helped by the fact that none of the Dundee side are yet shaving. It really was a men against boys game in which the boys did most of the pressing and in which youth smiled cruelly at age. With several hundred present and £8 to get, I hope Highland League veteran, Neil Whyte, can pay off his car loan. Great to be reminded what it's really all about. If I could find Bluetooth on this laptop I would share a couple of photos with you but that will teach me for skimping with Dell.

A quick centre-forward with the excellent name of David Goodwillie took the headlines with a hat-trick but my eye caught Peter Beardsley look-a-like Allan Scott and Gordon Strachan impersonater Kenny Smith - hope I got those the names right - the programme didn't make it clear.

Meanwhile, it looks like we are engineering a swop out of Madjid Bougherra for Martin Cranie, or a couple of million for a season loan if you want to see it from the Board's perspective. West Brom now look favourites for Bougherra although, maybe predictably, Sunderland and Boro are being mentioned as other interested parties. I only hope this means we will get the £2.5m back that we paid for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....