Sunday 15 June 2008

Turkish fightback spurs Euros

A day of considerable drama when least expected.

First my Wife goes into labour and I suffer for nine hours at the hospital. I won't attempt to outpoint anyone but it was not a pleasant experience. Mercifully, I have a beautiful second Daugther and my Wife is recovering from an emergency Caesarian. It could have been a lot worse.

Home in time to catch the end of the Czech Republic v Turkey game. What a finish. I arrived home and my tip, Czechy, are two up and coasting, but then suffer an amazing collapse in the final quarter culminating with a two goal salvo in the last few minutes to hand the Turks a remarkable 3-2 victory. Don't say this tournament has been predictable.

Tomorrow is another day but I can sleep tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all mate.

    Was a great game, the Turks never looked out of it even at 0-2 and when the Czech's hit the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, glad to hear mother and daughter are doing well, puts football into perspective a bit dont it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, 30 more years as a season ticket holder to get me out of the house on Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....