Friday 6 June 2008

Next season we will be mostly wearing this...

The new kit is here and the new sponsor was today unveiled as Carbrini Sportswear, a brand owned and promoted by JD Sports. The deal is only for a season and no mention of the value, although this is a leading high street retailer who have sponsorships with West Brom, Burnley and Dundee United, so I am guessing we got the going rate.

The fact that this is a season long deal may suit both parties; us, because we could expect to cash in with a Premier League deal if promoted and them, presumably, because we would far less attractive in 09-10 if we don't gain promotion!

I'll declare my support for the new design here and now. Looks smart enough to me and it has a hint of some of the sixties kits with the banding across the shoulders, even if those shirts were predominantly white with red markings. The home kit is a lot better that the away. I am not keen on the red, white, black "Man u" kits as I always see them, but even they are an improvement on anything that has blue or yellow in it. I'll get my next pair of trainers from JD Sports as an acknowledgement for their sponsorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....