Wednesday 14 May 2008

Palace out, Leeds next?

I know it is small-minded and petty of me, but I just can't help it. I drew as much satisfaction from watching Palace go down at Ashton Gate last night as I have from any match since we walloped them at the Valley. One-up and then missing a penalty, Palace's torture was completed in extra-time by a Coty brace. The sight of Palace fans crying nearly brought tears to my own eyes.

The joyful misery of others is not over yet. No, next up we have the mouth-watering spectacle of seeing Leeds, Ken Bates and their ugly followers knocked out at Carlisle on Thursday evening. This would be particularly sweet to see, especially having just had their 15 point penalty upheld on appeal. 1986 all over again for Leeds. Twenty-two years ago and I remember it as if it were yesterday!

Tonight meanwhile, Hull City look favourites to finish Watford off and possibly push Aidy Boothroyd to the brink of the sack.

2 comments:

  1. Last night Bristol City ensured us 6 points next season.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....