Thursday 20 March 2008

Angry Valley

Thanks to the switch of tomorrow's fixture from Saturday, I will miss the West Brom game as my flight is not until tomorrow evening. No matter, it's not one I would be looking forward to in the circumstances. West Brom will fill their end and provide noisy support. By contrast, I suspect my empty seats will not be noticeable amongst all of the others as I can see many Addicks taking the opportunity for a long weekend or one of those big DIY jobs we've been putting off for ages.

The Baggies arrive on the back of some indifferent league form and a 1-4 home thumping from Leicester City. Unfortunately for us, I think that means they will be harder to beat. What with confidence being on the floor and a Valley-fear factor amongst the players, I expect West Brom to exploit the situation and get one, if not all three points. I expect Pardew to go with the conservative line-up we put out at Ipswich and hope for a lucky break to get us in front and give us something to play for.

Tomorrow has the potential for the current levels of dis-satisfaction to turn to anger. An early West Brom goal and any poor Charlton play or perceived lack of application could see the crowd turn. Wolves next -up promises much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....