Monday 3 December 2007

Cardiff?

Four weeks ago I left the Valley convinced that we would beat Cardiff again when we played the return fixture; that game is tomorrow evening. They were distinctly average and noticeably short in the final third of the pitch and i couldn't imagine home advantage making enough of a difference to beat us.

The last two home performances have knocked the stuffing out of us but I believe we have something left and we again have something to prove. We need a strong, disciplined and patient display tomorrow but I think we can get something, especially if we score first. The pressure that a defeat will bring will be significant and the Valley won't be a place for the fainthearted if we have again lost three in a row when we trot out against ipswich on Saturday. So, if you push me, I'm going for a 2-0 win to the Addicks - a goal during normal time in each half; Big Chris and Luke Varney to get the goals.

Drinking from my half-full glass, I see that the fixtures would again appear to be favouring us; Watford are at Colchester, Wolves are at Barnsley, Plymouth at Norwich and Bristol City are at home to Ipswich. Only West Brom look easier at home to troubled Coventry but that's also a derby game.

Speaking of Coventry - what's going on there? Looks to me like they are trying to force the hand of a buying consortium by starting a process which will put them into administration in 10 days time. Very strange if you ask me. If they are close to a deal, why impose such a drastic deadline? If they are not so close, I can't see a consortium being forced into a negotiation on the current owners terms - especially a consortium lead by Ray Ransom who has already considered buying other clubs and not gone through with it. Smacks of desperation and Coventry could find themselves in League One with crippling debts. Ian Dowie might begin to look like a Jonah if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....