Friday 21 September 2007

Roll on the weekend...

I'm missing the Leicester game tomorrow and am annoyed with myself. Back in close season, when Charlton-interest was at a low, I accepted an invite to Murrayfield on Sunday for the Scotland v New Zealand Rugby World Cup match. The fixtures weren't out then and, hey, we'll probably be away to Preston or somewhere else I have zero interest in ever revisiting.....

I will have to make do with listening in and using my imagination. I expect us to get something from this game and much will depend on how quickly the Leicester players are taking to Gary Megson. Therefore, I'm backing a comfortable victory, especially if we can reach the heights of much of the Norwich performance. Interesting to read the Foxes view of the game; all seem unaware that McCarthy has virtually no chance of even making the bench and they also seem to be relishing their chances against him! Three points will keep us in touch with Watford and we have a great opportunity to further consolidate because Watford have a tricky game at QPR, Bristol City entertain 6th-placed Burnley and Coventry and West Brom are away at Ipswich and Scunthorpe respectively. If we can win again, it will give us a little safeguard against the away trips to Coventry and Hull.

Meanwhile on Sunday, assuming Scotland pick a full-strength team (rumours of tactical resting ahead of the Italy decider), I have a hunch Scotland could cause an upset and lose by less than 20 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....